Phone: (402) 316-3060
Fax: (402) 513-6501
Kelly was born and raised in the rural community of Geneva, Nebraska. She graduated from Geneva High School in 1988 and attended Nebraska Wesleyan University where she was a member of the Plainswoman volleyball team. She graduated with a B.S. in Economics and a minor in Global Studies.
Kelly received her law degree from Creighton University and has been practicing law since 1995. Her twenty years of litigation experience includes claims involving wrongful termination, disability discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, sexual harassment, race discrimination, employment contracts/severance agreements, workers compensation, unsafe premises, unsafe products, personal injury and medical malpractice. Kelly is committed to protecting the rights of employees throughout the state of Nebraska.
Kelly is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association and serves as the 8th Circuit Representative from Nebraska. She also serves as the President of the Nebraska Employment Lawyers Association. She is a member of the Nebraska Bar Association’s Employment Law Section and has previously served on the Minority in Justice Commission
Kelly resides in Gretna with her husband, Mike, and their three daughters, Hannah, Maya, and Roan. She enjoys watching her daughters in their many musical, drama, 4-H and sporting activities, riding horses, reading, and supporting her husband who is a teacher and varsity volleyball coach in Gretna. Mike and Kelly also run a youth volleyball program in the Gretna community.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wage & Hour Law
- Workers Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- State of Nebraska (1995)
- U.S. District Court Nebraska (1995)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Creighton Law School, Omaha, Nebraska, Am Jur Award in Trial Practice (1995)
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, B.S. in Economics/Minor Global Studies (1992)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association, 2010 to present
- Nebraska Employment Lawyers Association, 2013 to present
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, 2010 to present
- Nebraska Bar Association, 1995 to present
- Omaha Bar Association, 1995 to present
- Gretna Chamber of Commerce, 2004 – 2013; 2015
- Gretna Optimist Club, 2015
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church,
- CCD Teacher, 2005-2010
- G1 Volleyball Club
- Club Administrator and Coach, 2010 to Present
- Morris v. Popp Enterprises, 2012 WL 525501 (D. Neb., 2012).
- Brown v. West Corp., 287 F.R.D. 494 (D. Neb. 2012).
- Lundy v. Shelter Mutual Insurance, 2006 WL 2472723 (Neb. 2006).
- Dean v. Yahnke, 266 Neb. 820, 670 N.W.2d 28 (2003).
- Trapani v. Basile, 2003 WL 21146086 (Neb. 2003).
- Gilkerson v. Faulkner, 2002 WL 31245981 (Neb. 2002).
- Rush v. Wilder, 263 Neb. 910644 N.W.2d 151 (2002).
- Heesacker v. Heesacker, 262 Neb. 179629 N.W.2d 558 (2001).
- GHMC, Inc. v. Brandywine Construction, 2001 WL 883737 (8th Cir. 2001).
- Vesely v. Timpte, 2000 WL 1673319 (Neb. 2000).
- Schindler v. Walker, 256 Neb. 767592 N.W.2d 912 (1999).
- S.T. v. Nebraska Methodist Richard Young Hospital, 1999 WL 1222549 (Neb. 1999).
- Schindler v. Walker, 7 Neb.App. 300, 582 N.W.2d 369 (1998).
- Betz v. Betz, 254 Neb. 341575 N.W.2d 406 (1998).
- Chelberg v. Guitars & Cadillacs, 253 Neb. 830, 572 N.W.2d 356 (1998).
- Cunningham v. Leisure Inn, 253 Neb. 741, 573 N.W.2d 412 (1998).
- Gray v. Lewis & Clark Expeditions, 12 F.Supp.2d 993 (D. Neb. 1998).
- Dennis v. Dennis, 6 Neb.App. 461, 574 N.W.2d 189 (1998).
- Kramer v. Kramer, 252 Neb. 526567 N.W.2d 100 (1997).
- Doe v. Golnick, 251 Neb. 184, 556 N.W.2d 20 (1996).
- The Intersection of Injury Cases and Employment Law, Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys, December, 2014.
- Workers Compensation Retaliation – The Other Discrimination Claim, Southwest Iowa Lawyers League, February, 2012.