Phone: (515) 254-1999
Fax: (515) 254-9923
Nate Borland grew up in Urbandale, Iowa, and graduated from Urbandale High School in 2003. Nate received his Bachelor of Science degree from Upper Iowa University in 2009, majoring in Public Administration with an emphasis in law enforcement.
Nate earned his J.D., with high honors, from Drake University Law School in Des Moines. He was also awarded certificates in Health Law and Litigation and Dispute Resolution for his studies in those areas. While competing on Drake’s 2013 Client Counseling Team, Nate won the 2013 American Bar Association Regional and National Client Counseling Competition. Nate represented the United States at the Brown Mosten International Client Consultation Competition at the University of Glasgow School of Law, placing fourth. He was admitted to practice law in the State of Iowa in 2013.
Nate is a member of the National Employment Lawyers Association, the Iowa Employment Lawyers Association, the Iowa Association for Justice, the Iowa State Bar Association, and the Polk County Bar Association.
Nate lives in Clive with his wife, Meghan, and their two sons. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching soccer, reading, and watching movies.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wage & Hour Law
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- State of Iowa (2013)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa (2013)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa (2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit (2013)
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, Juris Doctor with High Honors, Health Law Certificate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution Certificate (2013)
- Upper Iowa University, West Des Moines, Iowa, B.S. in Public Administration (2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Regional Champion, ABA Client Counseling Competition (St. Paul, MN) (2013)
- National Champion, ABA Client Counseling Competition (Waco, TX) (2013)
- Brown Mosten International Client Consultation Competition (Glasgow, Scotland) (2013)
- Cornell v. Corbett, 2014 WL 2860422 (N.D. Iowa)
- “Dropping” the Ball: Employer Missteps in Private Sector Drug Testing, Iowa Association for Justice Personal Injury Seminar, August 22, 2014