Employees in Iowa are protected from discrimination based on their age, as long as they are 18 years old or older.
Examples of age & employment discrimination may include:
- Your employer fires you or forces you to retire because of your age
- Your employer hires and promotes younger employees or provides them benefits not available to older workers
- An employer hires a younger job applicant even though you are more qualified
- Your boss repeatedly harasses you about when you plan to retire
- An employer refuses to hire you because they want someone “more mature”