Madison grew up in Johnston, Iowa and attended Simpson College, where she studied in England, helped teach a class on Harry Potter, love, and death, and graduated with a B.A. in Psychology and Religious Studies. After graduation and spending a year in Iowa City, Madison started law school at University of New Hampshire School of Law. She was selected to be in the Daniel Webster Scholar Honors Program, where around twenty accepted students are taught to be client-ready using a practice-based approach to law.
During law school, Madison worked for plaintiff-side employment and personal injury law firms and received a fellowship to help low-income clients at New Hampshire Legal Assistance. She was a member of the Women’s Law Student Association and the American Constitution Society, volunteered her time as a chat partner for students seeking to improve their English skills, and mentored new students. Madison earned her J.D. in May 2016, when she was sworn into the New Hampshire bar. Madison was admitted to practice in the State of Colorado in October 2016, and the State of Iowa in September 2018.
She and her husband, Jacob, have two cats named James and Leif and a dog named Henry. Her favorite book is Anne of Green Gables and she probably knows more about the Harry Potter books than one person should. She spends her free time hiking, running, practicing yoga, singing, and playing guitar and ukulele. Madison could eat sushi every day of her life.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Wage & Hour
- State of Iowa (2018)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa (2018)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa (2018)
- State of Colorado (2016)
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire, J.D. (2016)
- Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa, B.A. (Religious Studies, Psychology)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Colorado Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association