Aimee has lived in Omaha, Nebraska for most of her life, aside from a few years away in her early college years. After graduating from Marian High School in 1993, she studied Political Science at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri for two years. She interned for former U.S. Congressman Peter Hoagland and former U.S. Senators J. Robert Kerrey and J. James Exon in Washington, D.C. during this time.
She returned to Omaha to attend Creighton University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Economics in 1997. She then attended Creighton University School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Team, served in the Legal Clinic, and worked as a Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant. Aimee earned her Juris Doctorate degree in 2001.
In her 18 years of practicing law, Aimee has a gained broad range of experience in both the issues she handles and the clients she represents. She practiced in the areas of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, labor, privacy, workers compensation, personal injury and premises liability.
Aimee has served as an assistant public defender and as legal counsel to the City of Bellevue and Bellevue Public Schools. She has also served as in-house litigation and employment counsel to a large health care system and has represented numerous individuals and entities in federal and state court cases.
She has been an adjunct professor at Creighton University School of Law and Bellevue University and is a frequent guest lecturer at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
When not working, Aimee cherishes spending time with her three kids and step-daughter. She enjoys reading, traveling, being outdoors, and working on home improvement projects.
Get to Know Aimee
Best part of your job?
Working with an inspiring, intelligent, and supportive team
What obscure topic could you talk about for hours?
“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see” – Mark Twain
Favorite show to binge watch:
If you couldn’t be an attorney, you’d:
Find another avenue to fight injustice
Cat person or dog person:
A cat that thinks it’s a dog
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Associations
- Areas of Practice
- Published Cases
- Classes and Seminars Taught
- Civic Activities
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, Nebraska, Juris Doctorate (2001)
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska, Bachelor of Arts (1997)
- State of Nebraska (2001)
- U.S. District Court Nebraska (2001)
- State of Iowa (2016)
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Nebraska Employment Lawyers Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association, Leadership Class Member
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wage & Hour Law
- Workers Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Bacon v. Bacon, 899 N.W.2d 741 (Iowa Ct. App. 2017)
- Benard v. McDowall, L.L.C., 298 Neb. 398, 904 N.W.2d 679 (2017)
- Millard Gutter Co. v. Farm Bureau Prop. & Cas. Ins. Co., 295 Neb, 419, 889 N.W.2d 596 (2016)
- Deleon v. Reinke Manuf. Co., 287 Neb. 419, 843 N.W.2d 601 (2014)
- Stackhouse v. Gaver, 19 Neb.App. 117, 801 N.W.2d 260 (2011)
- Harris v. D. Scott Carruthers & Assoc., 270 F.R.D. 446 (D. Neb. 2010)
- Wetovick v. County of Nance, 279 Neb. 773, 782 N.W.2d 298 (2010)
- Tadros v. City of Omaha, 269 Neb. 528, 694 N.W.2d 180 (2005)
- Moglia v. McNeil Co., Inc., 270 Neb. 241, 700 N.W.2d 608 (2005)
- Legal Research and Writing, Creighton University School of Law
- The Judicial Process, Bellevue University
- Hands and Voices, Nebraska Chapter, Founding Member
- Friends of Planned Parenthood, Past Board Member
- Nebraska Bar Association, House of Delegates Member
- Nebraska Federal Practice Committee, Past President