From Iowa to AmeriCorps, David knows the biggest changes start with the smallest steps. David was raised in Indianola, Iowa, and earned a Bachelor of Arts in history from Simpson College. Law school could wait for David. He took his talents to AmeriCorps before returning to Iowa to attend law school at Drake University in Des Moines.
David was awarded his J.D. in May 2015. He was admitted to practice law in the State of Iowa in September 2015.
David is married to his wonderful wife Tabetha and they are the parents of a sweet little girl.
Get to Know David
Best part of your job?
Effectuating broad change through helping individual people.
What obscure topic could you talk about for hours?
Books by J.R.R. Tolkein or the true story behind the 300 Spartans of Thermopylae.
If you couldn’t be an attorney, you’d:
Be a history teacher
Twistin’ the Night Away by Sam Cooke or most anything by Garth Brooks
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, J.D. (2015)
- Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa, B.A. in History (2010)
- State of Iowa (2015)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa (2015)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit (2015)
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights