Amy grew up in Albia and graduated summa cum laude (that’s Latin for “wicked smart”) from Drake University in Des Moines in May 2013, with degrees in political science and creative advertising. Because Amy loved Drake and Des Moines so much, she decided to stay for three more years to attend law school.
Amy graduated in May 2016 with highest honors from Drake University Law School where she served as a captain on Drake’s National Moot Court and AAJ Mock Trial teams. She competed twice at the American Association of Justice National Mock Trial competition and earned a top-10 finish at the National Moot Court competition, including a regional Best Brief award. Amy was also a junior staff member of the Drake Law Review. Throughout her time at Drake Law, she was involved with Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity, serving as both an Academic Co-Chair and Alumnae Liaison.
In her third year at Drake Law, Amy was inducted into the Order of the Barristers as well as the Order of the Coif honor societies. Amy also received the Jeffrey and Elizabeth Goodman Distinguished Advocate Award, an award given to the Drake Law School student who, in the opinion of the faculty, demonstrates excellence and proficiency in client representation and advocacy.
Since joining Fiedler Law Firm, Amy has taken more depositions than she can count, successfully tried cases before Iowa juries, and argued before the Iowa Supreme Court and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. In all honesty, Amy is a bit of a nerd. One of her favorite parts about her job is researching obscure legal issues and finding cases that help her clients.
Amy and her husband Bill have a little boy. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, binge-watching Netflix, boating, traveling, wine, and sports.
Get to Know Amy
Best part of your job?
Seeing my clients obtain a sense of closure and justice after standing up to a corporation that has violated their rights.
What obscure topic could you talk about for hours?
2000s teen television dramas (i.e. Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill, The OC)…this is very embarrassing.
Can’t live without:
If you couldn’t be an attorney, you’d:
Be an event planner
Won a hotdog eating contest in high school and a wing eating contest in college
On the water – doesn’t matter if it is on a boat in a lake or on a tropical beach.
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Associations
- Areas of Practice
- Presentations and Publications
- Success Stories
- Professional Recognition
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, J.D., highest honors (2016)
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, B.A., summa cum laude (2013)
- Albia Community High School, Albia, Iowa
- State of Iowa (2016)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa (2017)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit (2017)
- State of Nebraska (2022)
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Iowa Employment Lawyers Association (Vice President)
- Iowa Association for Justice (Board of Governors)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Polk County Women Attorneys (President)
- ISBA Labor & Employment Section Council
- Employment Law
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- COVID-19 Quarantine and Closure Rights
- Civil Rights
- Drug Testing
- October 2016 | Iowa NELA | Employment Law Update
- December 2019 | Iowa State Bar Association | Iowa Lawyer | Babies at Work
- February 2020| Iowa Association for Justice | Ethics: Diversity and Sensitivity Presentation (Model Rule 32:8.4)
- April 2020 | Iowa Association for Justice | COVID-19 Quick Tips
- April 2020 | Iowa Paralegals Association | Employment Rights Related to COVID-19
- March 2020| Iowa State Bar Association | Iowa Lawyer | COVID-19: Keeping Your Job While Keeping Others (and Yourself) Safe
- May 2020 | Iowa Association for Justice | The Iowa Trial Lawyer Magazine | What You Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- November 2020 | Iowa Association for Justice | Effective Settlement Strategies (panel moderator)
- November 2020 | Iowa State Bar Association | COVID-19 Legal Issues (panel moderator)
- February 2021 | Iowa Association for Justice | Employment Law Greatest Hits
- December 2021 | Polk County Women Attorneys | Burnout Blues and Attorney Wellness
- March 2022 | Iowa State Bar Association | Ageism: How this Little-Discussed “ism” Impacts You and Your Practice
- May 2022 | Iowa State Bar Association | Commencing a Case in Federal Court
- November 2022 | Iowa State Bar Association | Professional Collegiality in Practice
- December 2022 | Polk County Women Attorneys | Balancing a Legal Practice with Parenthood (Professional Development Panel)
- Order of the Coif (2016)
- Jeffrey and Elizabeth Goodman Award (2016)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2021, 2022)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022)
- AVVO Client’s Choice Award (2022)