Alexis attended Creighton University School of law with only one career path in mind – advocating on behalf of hardworking employees. Her love of employment law was inspired by her grandmother, a 37-year union secretary who brought Alexis to her first picket line in a stroller.
A tenacious litigator, Alexis has trial experience in state and federal courts in Nebraska, including acting as lead counsel in two federal jury trials and arguing before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has advocated on behalf of clients before the Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Westside Community School Board — once representing a teacher in a 16-hour, one-day public hearing.
Alexis is proud of the results she has obtained for her clients, but win, lose, or draw, Alexis’ primary goal is to approach every client with honesty, compassion, and respect.
Alexis lives in Omaha with her husband, TJ, and their two kids, Carolyn and Gregory. TJ teaches at Duchesne Academy, which allows their kids to enjoy “summer with dad” every year. In her free time, Alexis likes to do art projects with Carolyn and Gregory, and sample local restaurants on date nights with TJ.
Get to Know Alexis
Best part of your job?
Having an opportunity to truly get to know our clients, so that when we are presenting their case, we are telling their story.
“That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.” – Simone de Beauvoir
Scariest thing you’ve done for fun:
A silent retreat
“You Can Call Me Al”
If you couldn’t be an attorney, you’d be:
A visual merchandiser – dressing mannequins
- The Facts
- Bar admissions
- Professional Associations
- Honors and Awards
- Areas of Practice
- Civic Activities
- Education – Creighton University School of Law, J.D. with Honors (2015)
- Creighton University, B.A., Philosophy (2009)
- Iowa (2015)
- Nebraska (2016)
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska (2016)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (2019)
- Missouri (2021)
- South Dakota (2021)
- Nebraska Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2022)
- Omaha Magazine Top Employment Lawyer Representing Individuals (2021)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for highest grade in Constitutional Law I, Social Legislation, Criminal Procedure, and Labor Law
- Employment Law
- Equal Pay
- Sexual Harassment
- Disability Discrimination
- Family Medical Leave Violations
- Omaha Law League (2014-2020)
- Associates of the Sacred Heart (2015-2020)
- Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honors Society (2015-present)